Both Gmail and Windows Live Hotmail are popular and widely used email services. If you are using Windows Live Hotmail but don’t want to give up your Gmail account then there is a way out. You can receive your Gmail emails in Windows Live Hotmail. We will show you how to do it.
To Access Your Gmail in Hotmail
Read and follow the instructions given below to access Gmail in Windows Live Hotmail.
- Firstly, login to your Gmail account and enable POP access for your Gmail account. Click Settings and select Settings from the menu. Next, you will open the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ tab. There, verify that ‘Enable POP for all mail’ or ‘Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on’ is selected. Then below ‘When messages are accessed with POP’ you will select the next course of action. Finally, save the changes you just made.
- Now go to your Windows Live Hotmail Inbox and select ‘Options | More Options’
- Below ‘Manage Your Account’ you will follow the ‘Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts’ link.
- Next, you will click ‘Add an email account’ below ‘You can receive mail from these accounts’
- Enter your Gmail address and password in E-mail address and password respectively.
- Press ‘Next’
- Now you can choose where you want your Gmail messages to appear. Below ‘When mail is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, where do you want it to go?’ you will choose your Gmail messages should be seen in your Windows Live Hotmail inbox or be directed to a separate folder.
- Below ‘How would you like unread messages for email@example.com to appear?’ you will select a color for Gmail messages.
- Press ‘Save’
Your Gmail address for sending will be set up automatically by Windows Live Hotmail. Similarly, if you want to access your Hotmail.com emails in Gmail, read the complete step by step guide.