We will show you how you can make Outlook automatically delete or block messages from a particular sender.
Spam messages go to spam folder. There are also messages which are not spam but you still don’t want them. For instance, there is a person who keeps sending you emails which you don’t want and you don’t know how you stop receiving his emails. Good news for the Outlook.com and Outlook Mail on the Web users is that there is a way they can block such annoying messages easily. The procedure of blocking a sender by email address in Outlook Mail is very simple and you will learn it within seconds.
Blocking a Sender by Email Address in Outlook Mail on the Web
Read the following instructions
- Identify the sender you want to block.
- Now open one of his messages.
- You will click ‘Sweep’ in the Outlook Mail on the web toolbar.
- Be sure that ‘Delete all messages from the Inbox folder and any future messages’ is checked
- Click Sweep
- Finally, click ‘Ok’
The messages will be moved to the Deleted folder and the senders will be added to your list of blocked senders.
Blocking a Sender by Email Address in Outlook.com
This is how you can block a sender by email in Outlook.com
- You may have more than one sender you want to block. We will show you how to block a sender and then you can follow the procedure to block as many senders as you want to.
- It is clear that you have already identified the sender you want to block. So, open the message you received from the sender you want to add to the blocked contacts list.
- If you want to block three different senders then check their messages and we will show you how to block them at once
- Click Sweep in the toolbar.
- A menu will appear from which you will select “Delete all from…”
- There is another way to do it. Hover your mouse over the sender’s name in the message list and it will open the context menu. You will select ‘Delete all from…’ from the context menu.
- Don’t forget to check ‘Also block future messages’ if you don’t want to receive messages from him in future.
- Finally, click ‘Delete all’.
The messages will be moved to Deleted folder.
Blocking an Email Address in Outlook Mail on the web
Read the following instructions to add an address or domain name to your list of blocked senders.
- In the Outlook Mail on the web toolbar, you will click on the Settings icon or gear icon.
- From the menu, you will select Options
- Go to Mail → Junk email → Blocked Senders category.
- You will enter the address you want to block in ‘Enter a sender or domain here’
- You can block email address by the domain name. For instance, you want to block a domain info.com. If you enter info.com in ‘Enter a sender or domain here’ it will block all the email addresses ending in info.com such as [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- If there are sub-domains, you will have to block them separately. For instance, info.com will not block messages from [email protected]
- There are some domains like ‘aol.com’ which Outlook Mail on the Web does not let you block.
- Click +
Blocking an Email Address in Outlook.com
This is what you need to add an address or domain name to the list of blocked senders in Outlook.com
- You can see the Gear icon in Outlook.com toolbar.
- A menu will open from which you will select Options
- Below ‘Preventing Junk email’ you will follow the ‘Safe and Blocked Senders’ link
- Click ‘Blocked Senders’
- There below ‘Blocked email address or domain,’ you will enter the email address or domain name you want to block
- There are some domains which you can add to the blocked senders’ list. If you do, it will result in an error message.
- Click ‘Add to list’
Remember, messages coming from blocked senders list are deleted automatically. And you will not receive any notification. The deleted messages cannot be found in Deleted or Junk folders.
Block Any Domain including those Blocked from Blocking
Above we said that there are some domains you cannot block in Outlook.com. But there is a way using which you can have Outlok.com send messages to the Trash from any domain.
- In Outlook.com, click the Settings or Gear icon.
- A menu will appear from which you will select ‘Manage Rules’
- Below ‘Rules for Sorting New Messages’ you will click ‘New’
- Verify that below ‘When an email matches’, you have selected ‘Sender’
- Next, you will enter the domain (with quotations)you want to block over “[email protected]” OR name
- If you want to have all emails from the “example.com” domain (and sub-domains) deleted then enter ‘“example.com”’ for example, don’t forget to include the inner quotation marks.
- Below ‘Do the following’ you will select ‘Delete’
- Click ‘Create Rule’.
Using this way you can block particular senders but it is not a recommended way to stop junk emails. You better report junk emails.