Scanning using Canon Pixma MX922 is very easy. In this step by step educational guide, you will learn how to scan your documents or photos using the Canon Pixma MX922. You should know that in order to scan documents from your computer the IJ Scan Utility can be very useful. Installing the IJ Scan Utility is a first thing you need to do for which you will use a disc that comes with your Pixma 922. You can also download the IJ Scan Utility from the Canon website.
To Scan with Canon Pixma MX922
- First of all, go to Start → Programs → Conon Utilities → IJ Scan Utility.
- The documents you want to scan are to be loaded on the scan surface.
- Following are the options from which you have to choose one.
- Auto: You can auto detect documents on platen or document feeder and scan.
- Photo: Scan photos placed on the platen
- Documents: Scan a document placed on the platen
- Custom: Scan with settings set under “Settings”
- Stitch: Selecting this option will scan multiple pages and then combine them together in order to make one image.
Where the files are saved and in what format? To find the answer to this question you need to go to “Settings”. Don’t forget to check the section that matches the selection you have chosen.
Below “Settings” you can scan to an email message using the “Attach to e-mail” selection.