Do you have Belkin wireless router? If yes, you can connect computers to the same Internet connection. And it can be done without even using cables. But remember in this way anyone with a laptop or computer will be able to use your Internet connection, putting your privacy at serious risk. But you don’t need to worry about that, there is something you can do about that, change security settings on your Belkin wireless router.
For this purpose, you only need a Belkin wireless router.
To Change Your Belkin Router Security Settings
- Sit in front of a computer that is connected to a network through your Belkin wireless router. Turn on the computer, click the “Start” button and open the Control Panel.
- Locate the “Devices” icon and open it by double-clicking it. Now right-click on the entry for your Belkin wireless router and click on “Update Driver”. Let the downloading finish and when it does, close the “Devices” window.
- Now open any Internet browser and start entering IP address for your router which is usually 192.168.2.1. And click on the “Login” button.
- Leaving the password field blank, click on the “Submit” button to access the settings menu. Choose the tab labeled as “Wireless.”
- You will see the “Security” link on the page, click the link. There is “Security Mode” drop-down menu, from which you can change the security mode to settings of your own choice. If you need to enable security encryption on your wireless network, you will choose the “128 bit WEP” option from the drop down menu.
- There is “Generate” button, you can find at the bottom of the screen. Click the button to generate the encryption key and then enter the password you want to use in the “Password” text box. You can also choose to leave the box empty if there is someone you want to be able to have access to your wireless router. Finally, when you are done, click the button named “Apply Changes.”
You can also restrict an unknown person from using your wireless router by simply entering a password into the “Passphrase” text box. For more information, please visit Belkin Router official website.