Yahoo is one of the top email service providers. Now we hear about the Google’s Gmail often but Yahoo was there years before Gmail was launched. Yahoo started operating in the 90s.
You will be disappointed to know that Yahoo does not allow you change your Yahoo! login ID. When you sign up on Yahoo, you are allowed to choose a Yahoo Login ID of yourself. Yahoo lets you know if the ID you have chosen is available. You cannot have a Yahoo ID which is already taken by someone else. So, decide which Yahoo email ID you want at the time of signing up because you may not get this opportunity again. Once you have created a Yahoo login ID you cannot change it. There are two things you can do either create a new login ID or create an alias for your current ID. Learn how to forward Yahoo mail to another email address.
Below, we have shown how to create a new Yahoo login ID and what steps you need to follow to create an alias.
Creating a New Yahoo Login ID
- Go to the official website of Yahoo at yahoo.com
- Click ‘Sign In’ link at the top right side.
- You will see a Sign In box on the left side of your screen. At the bottom of the Sign In box, you will find a link ‘Don’t have an account? Sign Up’. Click it.
- A sign-up form will open on your screen. You are required to fill out the required information such as name, gender, birthday, country, contact number etc. You will also provide a recovery email address and phone number in case you forget or lost your login information.
- Resolve the Captcha code.
- Finally, click ‘Create Account’ button at the bottom.
This is how you can create a new Yahoo Login ID.
Creating a New Alias
- The very first thing you need to do is login to your Yahoo account.
- Now you are logged into your account. Click your username at the top right side and then click ‘Account Information’. You will enter your password twice.
- On the next page, go to the ‘Account Settings’ section at the bottom. There you will find a link ‘Manage your Yahoo aliases’ link.
- You can create a new alias by clicking ‘Add an Alias’ link. Enter the alias you want and press the Save button. If the alias you want is already taken then you will be asked to enter a new alias. Your alias must be unique only used by you just like your Yahoo ID. Keep trying and you will find an alias of your own choice. When you are done, click ‘Close’ to return to the Account Information page.