Delete Google Chrome browser cache. It is not a bad idea to clear your Google Chrome cache from time to time. You should also know the importance of files stored on Chrome cache. The data is actually stored on your hard drive and it is because of the cache memory you are able to quickly access a page which you have been accessing in the past. So it also means that whatever you access on The Web is stored in Cache memory which can be risky from the privacy point of view.
To Clear Google Chrome Cache
Follow the steps given below in order to clear the cache.
- You can choose to do any one of the following things.
- There is a button on the top right side of the Chrome Window named “Menu”. Click the button and then choose “More Tools” → “Clear browsing data”.
- Windows/Linux users will Press “(Ctrl+Shift+Delete)” and MacOS users will press “(Command+Shift+Delete)”.
- Go to “Menu” → “Settings” → “Show Advanced Settings” → “Clear browsing data”.
- You can choose the period of time you want to delete cached information. For this purpose, you will use the “Obliterate the following items from” drop down menu. There you can select “Cached images and files”.
- Chrome will clear your cache when you select the “Clear browsing data” button.
Sometimes Google freezes and you see text like “waiting for cache”. You can avoid this situation by clearing your Chrome cache.