Snapchat Story is an interesting feature of Snapchat. If you are a Snapchat user, you must have used Snapchat Story feature. Users were sharing images and videos but Snapchat story is a different way to do the same. In addition, images and videos shared using Snapchat stories stay longer than the individual snaps you send.
You compile your pictures to make a story known as a Snapchat story. It is the best feature in case you have more than one picture to share with people you are friends with on Snapchat. Sharing images or pictures one by one will take a lot of time. So use Snapchat Story to save your time. The best thing about this feature is that the pictures you share will stay for 24 hours. You will also know who views your Story.
Creating a Snapchat Story
Snapchat story received the attention of millions of users immediately the day it was launched. If you don’t know how to use the Story feature then keep reading. We will show you how to create a Snapchat story. The process of creating a Snapchat Story is easy. Sharing stories is different from sending mere snaps. You send snaps to individual friends but your Snapchat Story can be viewed by all your Snapchat friends. The story stays for twenty-four hours. Regular Snapchat messages only last a few seconds.
You can create a story by following the steps given below.
- Login to the Snapchat app. Now take pictures, any picture.
- At the upper right side, there is a small square with a plus sign. You just need to touch it to send your snap as a story.
- Those using this feature for the first time will be prompted a message seeking your permission to publish it as a story. You will touch yes.
- The story will be published. Go to your profile to see if the story is actually showed up.
Viewing a Snapchat Story
Above we showed you how you can create a Snapchat story. Now we are going to show you how to view a Snapchat story. You can also view the Snapchat story posted by yourself. Watching stories is a fun especially when you can see some kind of connection among pictures. Read the following instructions to learn how you can view a Snapchat story.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Swipe left to go to recent snaps and contact list page. You will see a header for stories at the top. There you can view your Snapchat friends who have uploaded a story. Remember, you will not find deleted stories there.
- Touch the name of friend whose shared story you want to view.
You can also check who viewed your deleted Snapchat story. Read the following instructions.
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Go to the recent snaps by swiping left.
- There you will see a purple eye and a number in front of it. It shows how many people have watched that snap. This is how you find out the number of people who have viewed your snaps. Don’t be surprised to see green arrows which show viewers has also taken a screenshot of the snaps you shared.
- Below the snaps, there is a gray list of usernames. There you can also see how long people viewed the story you shared with them.
Deleting a Snapchat Story
What if you have posted a Snapchat story and then you suddenly want to delete it? Some people, after sharing, realize some kind of mistake in their post and then want to delete it. Snapchat allows you delete single snap as well as the Snapchat story. Follow the instructions given below to delete a single snap or the Snapchat story as a whole.
- Launch your Snapchat app and go to your Snapchat story by swiping right.
- There you can see your story and your name next to it. Touch your name it will display all your snaps that were compiled to make a Snapchat story.
- You simply have to touch the snap you want to delete.
- Touch the X icon to delete the snap you selected above. It will be deleted permanently.
- This is how you can remove the Snapchat story.