Set up a D-Link wireless router: The Setup Wizard of D-Link Wireless router is very easy and you will not feel any problem in the router configuration process. Firstly there are a few things you need to do, such as connecting the router to your modem and a computer to the network and then run the Setup Wizard. There may be a slight variation in the process, based on the type of network connection you use.
Easy Steps for Setup D-Link Wireless Router
To set up your D-Link wireless router, just follow simple steps below.
Attach the Router to Your Modem
- When you buy a router, a power adapter comes with it. Attach the adapter to the router and to your wall outlet or power strip.
- The WAN port on the routers is usually colored yellow but on D-Link routers, it is colored black.
- The model D-Link DSL 2640T has a built-in DSL modem. You need to connect a phone cord from a phone jack to the DSL port on the back of the D-Link 2640T.
- Wait until Power and WAN status lights come on.
Connect Your Computer to the Router
- You need an Ethernet cable. Connect one end of the cable to the Ethernet port on your computer and the other to the Ethernet port on your router. There are multiple ports on the router and you can use any one of them.
- Locate the “Network” icon on the system tray and click it.
- You will see a list of available networks but you need to choose the network associated with the router. Generally, configuration card packaged with the router bears the name of the network.
- Now enter the password (see configuration card).
- You simply have to click connect to join the network.
Configure the Router
- Launch your web browser and enter the IP address of your router. The IP address is usually 192.168.0.1. There are some D-Link models whose IP address is 192.168.1.1.
- You will see username and password fields on the page on your computer screen. Enter ‘admin’ in the username text field and leave the password text field blank if you are using D-Link 524 and 624 models. There are some D-Link models for which the password is ‘password’.
- To configure your router, start the Setup Wizard. Most of the settings are automatically selected by the router based on common defaults for your connection type. You will be asked a number of questions to configure the router.
- You can see the radio button next to your connection type. Select the button. You should select DHCP unless you are required to select static IP address (in that case choose static).
- Now select PPoE. You will be asked to provide your username and password (provided by your Internet Service Provider). To continue, click “Next.”
- Now it is time to change your network name and password. Make sure you don’t include any kind of personal information in the network name and password. Choose a strong password for your network. A strong password is the combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. Click “Next.”
- Using the drop down menu, choose the time zone and then click “Next.”
- Finally, save the changes by clicking “Save.” You will see the power, WAN and Internet status lights coming on. Connect your computer to your new wireless network.
Now you can easily setup D-Link Wireless router easily and quickly with step by step mentioned above. Please don’t forget to share your comments about this helping guide.