Learn how to safely delete temporary files in Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP PC easily and quickly with step by step Windows educational tutorial. Removing temp files process is very easy.
If you really want to free up some space in your Windows PC, you should delete temp files from your computer. When we browse the internet or use any program, Windows stores data temporarily in the temp folder to make your experience faster. The temp folder increasing and putting more and more temp files regularly. So deleting these files could give you some space on your computer hard drives. The location of the temp folder varies from computer to computer and user to user.
Read also: Hide or Show Files And Folders In Windows 10
The very first step is to find Temp Folder on your Windows PC.
Generally, it takes few seconds to clean the Temp folder in Windows but if the size of temp folder is bigger, then it will take more time to remove the unwanted files.
This article will help you to delete temporary files from Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. The process of cleaning temp files in all operating systems is almost same.
Delete Temp Files in Windows
Usually, the temp folder is located at the following location C:\Windows\Temp\. You can open your drive C, and then Windows and Temp to open the temp folder. Now you can easily delete all the files without any hesitation.
How to Delete Temp Files in Windows 10 PC
To delete temp files in Windows 10, We will go to Settings first. Removing files via “Settings” is very simple.
- First of all, click the Windows start button located at the left bottom of your screen
- Go to gear click and open Settings window
- Click “System” icon from the available options
- Click “Storage” in the left side menu
- Now click the drive option where Windows is installed. Normally we install Windows 10 in drive C.
- We can see now total storage used and available space on drive C
- Select Temporary files by scrolling down the screen
- Click the Temporary files check box and tap remove files button
Use Run Command to Delete Temp Files from Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP
This method is little-bit technical. Don’t worry it is also very simple just like method 1. In this step by step guide, we remove temp files using Run command. You can use this method to clean temp folder in current as well as all previous Windows versions including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- First of all, Right-click on the Windows start button located at the left bottom side of your screen
- Now Select Run from the available options
- A “Run” window will appear. Type %temp% in the text field and press Enter button on your keyboard
- The temp folder will appear
- You can select all files by pressing CTRL+A from your keyboard and select files using your mouse or keypad.
- Press Delete button from your keyboard or right-click and select “Delete” from the menu