Question: Is it possible to download and use Apple’s Facetime on PC Windows 7/8/8.1/10 computer or Mac system? Is there any way to get this amazing one-to-one video chatting and audio calling application.
Facetime is famous audio and video calling app developed by Apple to be used on Apple products. The app caught the attention of the users the day it was launched back in 2010. Since then many audio and video calling apps have been launched but Facetime still enjoys the status of the best app of its kind. The app is available for free on iOS anyone who has an Apple device like iPhone, Mac can get it.
There are devices running other operating systems like Windows, Android etc. Some people just cannot afford to buy Apple products like Mac, iPhone. Android and Windows devices, on the other hand, are less expensive. So Windows users often ask if they can get Facetime up and running on their PC. As we said above that FaceTime is developed by Apple and Apple does not allow its apps on platforms other than iOS. So now what? But we will show you a way following which you can get Facetime for Windows 10.
You just have to make sure that you have a stable Internet connection. If your phone is not connected to Wi-Fi then it will use your mobile data to make FaceTime calls. Let’s have a look at the some of the features of FaceTime.
- FaceTime is a free app for you. Now you can call your loved ones for free.
- The app allows you make the free video as well as audio calls.
- FaceTime promises HD quality videos.
- The app also provides the option of hiding or block calls.
- When you get the app on your phone, it will sync contacts from your phone to the app. And then you can see people in your contacts using FaceTime.
- You can create your ‘favorites list’ containing your favorite callers.
- If you have FaceTime on your PC, you will be able to make conference calls.
Above we said that Facetime is developed by Apple for its own products. And currently, Apple has not released FaceTime for PC. But we have found a way to get the app for PC. Following are the system requirements if you want to use FaceTime.
- PC must be running Windows7/8/8.1/10
- CPU: more than 1GHz, RAM: 2GB
- For video calls, you will need Webcam.
- Microphone is also needed
- Stable Internet connection
Make sure that your PC fulfills the above requirements. We will also use an Android emulator. Your PC can run FaceTime .apk file. You can use any Android emulator, there are many available. Some of the best Android emulators are Bluestacks, Andyroid and Manymo. You will first have to download the Android emulator. You can easily find and download the Bluestacks and Andyroid. For instance, if you download Blusestacks, it will be a 50MB file. Install the emulator on your PC and then launch it. You will be prompted to login using your Gmail account. You must log in using your Google or Gmail account. Next, you will download the FaceTime for PC .apk file. You can easily find FaceTime for PC .apk on the Internet. Make sure that your PC is running anti-virus and anti-malware because there are many sites that load malicious files on your PC.
How to Install FaceTime on PC Windows
- Now you have downloaded FaceTime .apk file.
- Open the folder containing the file you downloaded above. And then right-click on the file.
- Mouse over ‘Open With’ and then select Bluestacks (or Andyroid or Manymo whichever Android emulator you downloaded above.)
- The installation will start.
Be patient and wait until your PC finishes the Installation. Now if you want to use the FaceTime you will first open the emulator (Bluestacks or any other you have installed) and then locate the FaceTime App icon in the “All Apps” page. Finally, you can use FaceTime for PC on your Windows computer with the help of step by step process mentioned above. Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch – Apple Support