Chrome is one of the best Internet browsers you can find out there. Google’s Chrome is secure and fast and users prefer using it because of its security features. Sometimes, we are using Chrome and everything is going fine but then suddenly an error message appears on the screen saying ‘Your connection is not private’. We don’t know which operating system we are using but we know that most of the operating systems have their own default Internet browsers. And if you are using Chrome then chances are that you downloaded and installed it on your computer.
But now you are worried after seeing the message on the screen. Sit back and take a breath of relief because there is nothing to worry about. We will show you how to fix this ‘Your connection is not private’ error in Chrome. You may give many reasons why you decided to use Chrome. There is no doubt that Chrome is the favorite browser of millions of Internet users around the world. Few years back we couldn’t use the Internet browser of our choice as computers back then didn’t let us do so. But now things have changed a lot. Now, you can download your favorite Internet browser from the Internet and there are plenty of browsers available. Make sure that you have a look at the features before you download one.
We are sure that you are pretty satisfied with Chrome. Google’s Chrome is the best browser because they keep improving its features. It is not that other browsers like Firefox doesn’t they do but Chrome faces tough competition in the presence of Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and Opera.
How to Fix ‘Your Connection is not Private’ Error
Previously, Chrome was only available for computers but now you can also use Chrome on your smartphone. Below we have shown how to fix your connection is not private error for both, computer and mobile.
Fix ‘Your Connection is not Private’ Error on Computer
- Make sure that your system time is accurate. This trick can fix the error you are experiencing in your Chrome. This is one of the commonly known causes of the error message. Once you have fixed the time of your system, then there are ninety percent chances that you will not see the error message again on your screen.
- If your OS is up to date then you will not experience the problem. Using the latest Service Pack (Service Pack 3 for 32-bit version and Service Pack 2 for 64-bit version)can resolve a number of minor issues you face. Generally, it is recommended for those who use Windows XP which is not a commonly used operating system now.
- Using a Wi-Fi portal? Sometimes we use public Wi-Fi in coffee shops, parking lots etc which is most of the time free. They don’t charge but sometimes they want us to agree to their terms or sign in. It has become a common practice these days. People using such Wi-Fi portals often get error messages. There is something you can do about it, just open a new website in HTTP. It will make you re-login which will resolve your problem.
Fix ‘Your Connection is not Private’ Error on Smartphone
- If you are seeing ‘Your Connection is not private’ error message then make sure that your system time is accurate.
- Have you seen or used incognito mode in Chrome. If you haven’t then you should because it keeps your browsing private. When you use Chrome in Incognito Mode, it limits cookie access and doesn’t record history. This is why some people prefer using Chrome in Incognito mode. If you try to access a site but you get ‘Your connection is not private’ message then try accessing the same site in incognito mode. If the site opens then it means one of your browser extensions is creating the problem.
- HTTPS scanning can also solve the problem you are facing. You must have seen a padlock icon in the address bar. If the connection is secured it means that the information you send to and receive from the website is secured and cannot be seen or accessed by a third party. But, what if the site you have accessed has malicious code which can hurt your system. To avoid such situations malware detectors have started incorporating HTTPS scanning.