Learn how to reset/recover forgotten Instagram username or password easily and quickly with step by step educational guide.
A few years back Facebook became an instant hit. It offered us a kind of platform which we used and still using to make new friends and stay connected to those we already have. Then came Instagram and we loved it. You can share your beautiful pictures with your friends and loved ones through Instagram. You must sign up on Instagram first if you want to use it. It is because only registered users of Instagram can enjoy using its amazing features. You can use Instagram without logging into it. If you don’t remember your Instagram username or password or both, there is a way to recover it.
Why do you think people forget their username or password or both? We asked this question to many people. According to our finding, people forget their login credentials because it is difficult to remember a number of usernames and passwords at the same time. Today we use personal email programs, different social networking sites, bank portals etc. The company we work for also gives us login credentials using which we can check our pay stubs, vacations, 401k plan and much more. The point we are trying to make here is that it is not easy for a common man to remember a lot of passwords and usernames. This is the reason people often forget their username or password.
Read also: How to Post, Report and Delete Comments on Instagram
Forgot Instagram Username/Password?
Instagram websites just like other websites require you to login first. If you don’t remember the username or password to login to Instagram website then read the following instructions.
- Navigate to the official website of Instagram
- If you are not signed in then you should see a page asking you to login or create an account or get the app. You need to press the Login button.
- Instagram login page will open on your screen. You will see “Forgot?” link on the page. The link is used to recover both username and password.
- Password Reset page will open on your computer screen. There you will have the choice to enter username or email. If you don’t remember your username then just enter your email associated with your Instagram account. And then go to your email, look for the email from Instagram, open it and you will know what to do next.
Forgot Instagram Username or Password on iPhone
To reset or recover your username or password on Instagram for iPhone, just follow these simple steps.
- Unlock your iPhone and launch your Instagram app.
- You will see Forgot link on the login screen.
- A new screen will open and there you will enter your login information you know such as username. Instead of username, you can also put your email.
- Then check your email to find a link following which you can reset your password.
Forgot Instagram Username or Password on Android Device?
- Launch your Instagram app on your Android device.
- Go to the login screen where you will see a “Forgot” link.
- When you click the Forgot link, a new screen opens prompting you to enter the part of login information you know. Just enter your email if you don’t remember your username. Then check your email. You will find an email containing a link to reset your password.
Forgot Your Instagram Username or Password on a Windows Phone
- A Windows Phone is not like an Android phone. So if you are a Windows Phone user and use Instagram then you surely know how to open the app.
- Launch the app and you will see the login screen.
- In the Password area, there is a ‘Forgot’ link. Click the link.
- A new page will open on your screen. There you just have to enter the part of your login information you know. For instance, you can enter your username or email address in the given spaces. Make sure that the email address you entered is the one linked to your Instagram account.
- An email containing a link to reset your password will be sent to you.
Forgot Your Instagram Username or Password on Other Phones or Devices
Instagram apps are only available for limited devices such as Android, iPhone and Windows Phone. If you are using a device other than those mentioned above like Blackberry or Nokia-Symbian phones then we must tell you that you cannot use Instagram. There are apps that claim to let you use Instagram on those devices but we can’t say anything about them.
Read also: Instagram for iPad
We hope that you found this article very helpful. For more articles like this, keep visiting the site.
Login Instagram https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/
Welcome back to Instagram. Forgot password. Reset or change your Instagram password. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world. Visit the official Instagram website for more information.