Are you experiencing a problem with the missing widget after a recent update just like everyone else? It is understandable that most of the users are not just happy about it. As stated earlier a recent update caused this problem which means we can get it back if we downgrade to old version of Facebook.
Getting Facebook Android Widget Back
Following are the steps you need to downgrade to the old version of Facebook.
- First of all, you need to remove the app from your device which means you need to uninstall the app.
- To uninstall the app go to “Settings” → “Apps” → “Facebook”.
- Now launch your Facebook browser on your android and download the older version 126.96.36.199.81 beta of the Facebook app. In case you are having any problem downloading this version then you can try another version like 188.8.131.52.77.
- Open the file when prompted. Next, you will swipe down the notification area, then touch the download and then select “Open”. Sometimes a change in setting is required like “Settings” → “Security” → “Unknown sources” in order to install the file.
- Complete the installation process.
When it is done, you can add the Facebook widget back to the Home screen.