We will show you how to delete your Gmail account as well as the messages in your account.
Gmail is the best email service you can find. There are many benefits of having a Gmail account. You must have a Gmail account if you want to use an Android device. There are millions of Gmail users around the world. The process of deleting the Gmail account is illustrated below.
Delete Gmail Account
Following is the procedure you will be following.
- Navigate to Google Account Settings.
- Below Account Preferences, you will select Delete Your Account or Services
- Click Delete Products
- Next, you will select the Gmail account you want to delete.
- There you will see space in which you will enter your password.
- Click Next
- There is a trash can icon next to Gmail. Click the icon.
- Below Enter an Email Address in the How You Will Sign In to Google dialog box, you are required to enter an email address. Remember, this email address should be different from the one linked to the Gmail account you are closing.
- Click Send Verification Email
- You will open the email from Google. Look for an email with the subject “Security alert for your linked Google account”.
- The email contains the deletion link. Open the email and follow the link.
- You may be prompted to login to account you are deleting.
- Below Confirm Gmail Deletion, you will select “Yes, I want to delete firstname.lastname@example.org permanently from my Google Account”.
- Click Delete Gmail
- Finally Click Done.
Emails in the Gmail Account You Just Deleted
When you delete your Gmail account, the messages in your account will also be deleted. You will not be able to access your messages again. Those who use IMAP to access Gmail in their email programs should know that messages copied to the local folder will remain intact and everything else will be deleted such as emails on the server and folders synced with the Gmail account you just deleted.
What About the Emails Sent to the Deleted Email Address?
If someone sends you a message on the email address you just deleted above, then he will receive a delivery failure message.