In this learning guide, we will educate you how to edit a PDF file easily and quickly without spending a dime. Editing a PDF document is not as hard as it seems. There are plenty of web applications, desktop software, and mobile apps that you can use not only for editing but also for a variety of other tasks.
PDF is the most common way to present and deliver documents electronically. At its best, Adobe makes our life easier, more productive, and more imaginative. PDF files can be viewed independently on the web browsers or using free apps. However, we cannot edit PDF files without any reliable software, online tool or mobile apps. In this article, we will show you the ways to edit PDF files with free as well as paid tools and software programs.
Use Adobe Acrobat for PDF Editing
What comes first to your mind when you think about editing PDFs? Definitely, Adobe’s products. Adobe Acrobat is the first choice of millions of users around the world. Let’s start with this amazing editor.
In the first section, you will learn how to use Adobe Acrobat for PDF editing. It is most powerful and easy way to make changes in any PDF document. However, It is not a free service and a subscription is required in order to edit your files. Basically, you need to create an account with Adobe Document Cloud (DC). If your company already purchased its subscription, then you can use this tool easily. But if you don’t have access, then sign up for the free trial. Adobe DC offers a free trial for 14 days and you can use this tool for 14 days for free. In this limited time period, you can edit as many PDFs as you want without any hesitation.
Follow these simple steps to edit your PDF files.
- First of all, open your file in Adobe Acrobat
- Now find the Edit PDF tool, which is normally located on the right side tools panel. Select to bring it to an interactive mode.
- Next, click the text or any other component like images which you want to modify. It will show required tools accordingly.
- Edit existing text or add new text. To resize images, just hold the image corner and drag to resize.
- With object tool, you can easily add new image, remove, move or resize
- Furthermore, you can click on links, header or footer to edit them.
Adobe lets you edit PDFs in a variety of ways using its powerful toolkit. Text, Object, Spell Checker, Background, Header and plenty of other tools will definitely help you to make changes easily and quickly. Adobe also offers mobile apps and you can install on your smartphone to edit PDF files on Android or iOS devices.
Instead of buying a permanent subscription, you can pay for the monthly plan which is available for $13/month. Buying the service for one month can be beneficial if you want to use it for editing some important files immediately. If you just want to read PDF files, then read this article to learn best PDF readers for Android.
Use Microsoft Word 2013 or 2016
If you have an Android device, then you can easily edit your PDF files using Microsoft Word. To edit your PDFs in Microsoft Word, just follow these simple steps.
- Firstly, launch Microsoft Word app
- Go to the File from the top menu bar and then Open
- Now select PDF file which you want to edit
- The Word will automatically convert your PDF to a Word document.
- Finally, edit text or anything else and save your edited document.
Use Third-Party Apps and Tools
There are plenty of web applications, desktop applications, mobile apps, and browser extensions which you can use to edit your documents. Most of the tools are free and some of them require a subscription. Here’s list of reliable third-party apps and tools that you can use to edit your PDF documents.
- PDFsam: A powerful tool for PDF composition. It allows users to split, merge, rotate and mix multiple PDFs easily and quickly. It is a desktop application available for Windows and Mac computers. With PDFsam Enhanced, you can edit content without converting PDF to any other format. It is also used for converting PDF files to other formats like doc, docx, xls, xlsx and many others.
- PDF Xchange Suite: Editing PDFs with this superb and user-friendly desktop application is easier as compared to other free PDF editors. Core features include create, view and edit PDF files. Additionally, you can also sign, Annotate, OCR and many other tasks without any additional cost. The interface is very simple and straight, however, it will take some time to learn and locate tools and menus.
- PDFescape: It is a web application and you don’t need to download or install any software. To avoid the hesitation of finding an appropriate software, just go online and use PDFescape. It is a convenient way to edit PDF documents on the internet than computer software and mobile apps. PDFescape offers a variety of editing and enhancement features. Most prominent features are edit, annotate, fill PDF forms, create new forms, protect documents with passwords, share, and view PDF files.
Convert PDF to Word Document
Another easy way to edit your PDF’s is to convert them into editable Microsoft Word document. Import your PDF file to the Word, modify and save as PDF to get your file back in PDF format.