ZyXel manufacture both wired and wireless routers that are commonly used by multiple computers to share a common broadband Internet connection. ZyXel routers are mainly used in offices and the configuration process of ZyXel routers is not difficult. You will be surprised to know that most of the ZyXel routers are compatible with DSL and cable broadband modems and setting up a ZyXel routers is not an issue you need to worry about.
Setup ZyXel Router
To setup your ZyXel router follows these simple steps.
- You need a Cat5 Ethernet cable. Connect one end of the cable to the WAN port on the router and the other end to the LAN port on the modem. Now plug in the AC adapter to your router and then plug it into wall outlet.
- Use RJ-45 cables to connect your wired computer and the other end of the cable is needed to be plugged into the LAN port usually located on the back panel of the router.
- Now it is time to power on both devices, modem and the router. You may have to wait for a few minutes until modem establishes an Internet connection.
- Now sit in front of your computer which you connected to the router using an RJ-45 cable. Launch the web browser you have installed on your computer and enter “192.168.1.1” in the address bar and hit the “Enter” button. You will be prompted to enter the password. Enter “1234” as password and click the “Login” button.
- You will see “Go to Wizard Setup” link, click it and then select the language. Click “Next” on the System Information” screen.
- You will see SSID text field in which you will enter the name of your network and then click “Next.” You should see a dialog box displaying the “Pre-Shared Key” value. You will need this value later so don’t forget to write it down on a piece of paper. Close the dialog box by simply clicking the “OK” button.
- Using the drop-down menu choose your broadband connection type. Click “Next” if the utility does not detect it. If you are using a “PPP over Ethernet” or “PPTP”, start entering username and password in the respective text boxes.
- If you are assigned a new IP address by your ISP each time you connect to the Internet, choose the “Get Automatically from ISP” option. You can select “Use Fixed IP Address” option if that is not the case and you have a static IP address. You need to enter IP address and Subnet Mask assigned by the ISP in the respective fields. Click the “Next” button.
- In the “WAN MAC Address” window, you need to click the “Factory Default” option and then click “Next.” Check “Enable BM for All Traffic Automatically” and then click “Next.”
- Open a new tab or window in your Internet browser and start surfing the web as you normally would.
Home Routers ZyXEL. Zyxel’s home gigabyte routers support up to 802.11ac dual-band Wireless technology with 300Mbps,450Mbps,600Mbps,1300Mbps,1750Mbps. Please visit ZyXel’s official website.