Your Windows Live Hotmail password is the key to your account. You must know your Windows Live Hotmail password if you want to access your account. Generally, we make our browser remember our Windows Live Hotmail password so that we don’t have to enter the password each time we login. But the problem comes when we have to login on a computer other than our home computer. We often fail to recall our password which is very embarrassing.
If this is what happened with you, then we must tell you that you are not the first person to face this problem. It is not possible to access your Windows Live Hotmail account without entering your password. So, you will have to reset your password. When you reset your password, it means you create a new password. Write down your new password because you will be using the same on your home computer.
To Recover/Reset your Hotmail Password
Here is the step by step process you will be following to reset your Windows Live Hotmail password.
- Access the Windows Live Hotmail password reset page
- Below ‘what problem are you having signing in?’ you will select ‘I forgot my password’
- Click ‘Reset Your Password’
- Below ‘Windows Live ID’ you will type your Windows Live Hotmail address.
- Solve the Captcha
- Click Next
- Have you provided an alternate email address for your Windows Live Hotmail account? If yes, then
- Below ‘Select an option for resetting your password’ you must select “Email me a reset link”
- Press Next
- Go to your alternate email address and find the message containing reset link. Open the message and follow the link.
- Have you set up a security question? If yes then you should know the secret answer.
- Below ‘Select an option for resetting your password’
- Under ‘Secret Answer’ you will type the secret answer
- Click Next
- Below ‘New Password’, you will enter your new password. Confirm the new password by retyping it.
- Press Continue
- Click Done.
Don’t have Alternate Email Address or Secret Question?
You will follow the instructions below if you don’t have an alternate email address or secret question.
- Access the Windows Live account recovery form
- Below ‘Windows Live ID’ you will enter your Windows Live Hotmail email address.
- Under ‘Contact Email’ you will type an alternate email address. Don’t enter the email address you are trying to access.
- Press ‘Continue’.
- The detail you provide will help connect you to your account.
Password reset – Account Live – Sign In https://account.live.com/password/reset
Microsoft account. Why can’t you sign in? I forgot my password. I know my password but can’t sign in. Tip: double check the account you’re trying to sign in. For more information read the full article or live.com support page.