There are some times when you need to renew your IP address. But there is nothing to worry about. For instance, you are browsing the Internet and your request is returned as “Page Not Found.” You check everything such as your modem and Internet connection and find that everything is working as it should. As stated earlier sometimes the problem is that you simply have to renew the Internet Protocol address of your computer. Following is the step by step guide following which you can change your Internet Protocol address.
Step by Step Guide
- Open “Run” from the “Start” menu.
- Enter “cmd” in the given box and click “Ok.” You should see Command Prompt window on your computer screen.
- Using the keyboard, type “ipconfig/release” and press “Enter.” You will see the current IP address of your computer.
- Type “ipconfig/renew” and hit the Enter button. A new set of IP address will be assigned to your computer.
- Now your computer has a new IP address. Finally, close the window by typing “Exit” and then pressing Enter button.
- If your problem is not resolved even after following the above steps, unplug your router for a while and then go through the process again.
- You will use the command “ipconfig” in order to find the IP address of your computer.