Snapchat is the world’s favorite app. Currently, Snapchat users around the world are more than one hundred million. Users of Snapchat have increased significantly over the past few years. Join Snapchat now and don’t forget to invite your friends and family members.
We mainly use Snapchat to share our Snaps with friends and other people we know. Snapchat also allows you search people. This is a very useful feature, for instance, you can use this feature to find an old friend from school. The search feature helps you connect with classmates, colleagues, and friends. If you know the email address or contact number or exact username of the person you are looking for, there are bright chances that your search will be fruitful. But finding new people on Snapchat is not easy.
Snapchat Address Book Search
Every phone has an address book. You can use your phone’s address book to search people. Simply go to the address book where you can also add anyone without entering their username. There are chances of making spelling mistakes when entering usernames which you can avoid by adding people from the address book. This is the best way to add people especially when there is a long list of people you want to add. If you start adding people manually it will take a lot of your precious time.
For this feature to work, you must let the Snapchat app access your contacts. When you install the app, it will ask for your permission. Make sure that you allow the app access your contacts and if you don’t this technique will not work. Those who didn’t give the app permission to access their contacts can do it now by going to the phone’s settings.
Adding friends from the address book is easy. Follow the instructions given below.
- First off, launch the Snapchat app.
- Swipe down to open your personal profile along with options like Added Me, Add Friends and My Friends.
- As you can guess “Add Friend” is the option we will be using. Touch Add Friend and a new screen will appear. There you will see two options. You can add someone from your address book or by typing in their username.
- Simply touch Add from Address Book. You should see a list of everyone in your address book.
- Decide the friends you wish to add and tap the plus button in front of their names. This is how you add friends. Once you are friends with them you can send them Snaps.
Snapchat Username Search
You should know the username of the person you want to search. This is a very useful option if there is only one person you want to find and you just don’t want to go through your Contacts list. Read the following instruction to learn how to do it.
- Go to the Snapchat app.
- Swipe down to your Personal Profile where there are options like Added Me, Add Friends and My Friends.
- Touch on Add Friends.
- Unlike above where we added from Address Book, now you will touch on Add by Username.
- Enter the username you want to add and wait for the results. The app will search your contacts as well as global Snapchat users to match the username you entered.
Snapchat Search Using Phone Number
Currently, searching someone on Snapchat using his or her phone number is not an option. This is when a person is not added to address book. Snapchat has tried to protect your privacy by not letting others search you using your phone number.
It is true that your contacts list is stored on Snapchat servers along with phone numbers. This is why you are able to see what friends you have that already own a Snapchat account. You don’t have to worry about the information stored on the servers but that information is not accessible to anyone. Some people don’t allow apps access their contacts. It is your own choice but you should also know that Snapchat keeps taking important steps in order to keep your information protected.
Information given is gathered from credible sources. Hope you find this article helpful.
Search – Snapchat Support Search. Search is the fastest way to find a friend, a group you’re in, and more on Snapchat. You can also find Stories on tons of different topics, automatically. Find your friends on the Snap Map – Snapchat Support. Their location on the Map is only updated when they have Snapchat open, and will … To search for a friend, tap ‘Search’ at the top of a screen. Please share your views about Snapchat search.