You will be surprised to know that AT&T U-verse technology uses fiber optic cable to offer quality Internet connection. When you use your VoIP service, you will experience fast and consistent signal. You may have to experience some technical issues when setting up your router as both, the Vonage VoIP adapter and U-verse, are routers. Following are the two options that will be available to you.
- You need an Ethernet cable that usually comes with your Vonage router. Connect one end of the cable to the port labeled “Internet” and the other end to the port labeled “Internet” in the rear of your AT&T U-verse router.
- You need one more Ethernet cable to connect your computer and the AT&T U-verse router. Now connect one end to the Ethernet port of your computer and the other to the Ethernet port in the back of the AT&T U-verse router.
- Now you need to decide the telephone you want to use. And then plug a telephone jack from the back of your Vonage adapter into your telephone. Check for a dial tone.
- You need Ethernet cable of your router. Connect one end of the cable into the router’s port labeled “Internet” and the other into the Ethernet port of your nearest computer.
- Take the telephone cable and plug one end of the cable into the back of your router and the other end into your nearest telephone outlet.
- Take an Ethernet cable, plug one end into the back of your Vonage router labeled “Internet” and the other end into an available port on your U-verse router.