You must have seen and used many devices that can add Internet streaming to your TV. Roku comes to mind when we talk about adding Internet streaming to your TV.
What is Exactly Roku?
Roku is also the same kind of device people use to stream media from the Internet to your television. You first connect Roku to a stable Internet. The process of connecting Roku to the Internet is the same as connecting your computer to the Internet. Below we have discussed three types of Roku devices.
Roku Box is the first Roku device we will be talking about. You will connect your Roku box to the Internet through the broadband router. Remember, there is no way you can connect your Roku Box directly to your TV.
Roku Streaming Stick
Think of a USB flash drive, if you want to know what Roku Streaming Stick looks like. But you don’t plug it into the port you plug your USB flash drive into. There is an HDMI input on your TV or home theater receiver in which you will put Roku Streaming Stick into. It can connect to a broadband router via Wi-Fi.
If you have a Roku TV then you don’t need to use Roku Box and Roku Streaming Stick to access the Internet streaming content. It is because the Roku operating system is already built into the TV. You can find many TV brands that offer Roku TVs in their products such as Hitachi, TCL etc.
Read Also: Learn how to reset Roku
What Do You Get?
Do you want to know what Roku has to offer you? Well, there are countless channels and apps on the Roku. It gives you access to your favorite channels like Netflix, Twit.tv, Euronews etc. In addition, Roku gives to let you access popular music and movies sites such as Hulu, Pandora, iHeart Radio etc. It will not be wrong to say that Roku opens the doors to unlimited entertainment for you.
Most of the Internet streaming channels are free but there are also channels which require an additional subscription. So it does not mean that once you have bought a Roku device, and then you can enjoy streaming your favorite channels for free for the rest of your life. Yes, there are free channels but all the channels are not free. As stated above, Roku also allows you access free apps. You can use the apps to access your favorite videos and music.
Besides allowing you stream your favorite channels, you may be able to play the content from USB flash drive. Here it is important to mention that if you are using Roku Streaming Stick then this capability is not available.
Take Your Roku with You
The best thing about Roku Box or Streaming Stick is that you can take it with you wherever you go. If you are traveling, take your Roku with you. All you need to do is plug the device into the TV and enjoy watching your favorite channels. Make sure that you take an HDMI or Ethernet cable with you as you may need it. You will never feel getting bored if you have Roku device because there is a variety of content you can watch. You can access music and movie sites like Pandora and Hulu.
The Roku Mobile App
Smartphone users can now get the Roku mobile app. The mobile app is available for the two most popular platforms iOS and Android. Get the Roku app now and try using its Voice Search feature. The app has many functions. You can also control your Roku device right from your phone.
Once you have downloaded and install the Roku app on your phone then you can control Internet streaming and TV functions. Moreover, you can also control picture and audio settings. If you have videos or photos on your phone, you can send them to a Roku box or Roku TV through Roku app.
You can use earphones of your smartphone to listen to the content you have accessed on the Roku device.
How to Set Up a Roku Device?
We will show you how to set up a Roku device.
- First off, you need to connect the Roku Box on your TV or simply connect the streaming stick.
- Choose your language
- Make sure that the device you are using must be connected to Wi-Fi.
- Activate your Roku, by simply entering a code
- Next, you will create your login information such as username, password and other related information such as your address and PayPal or credit card information.
- People often ask about the setup procedure. Well, the setup process also involves verifying related items like antenna etc.
Once the setup process is finished, you will see the Roku Home Menu and it will let you access the device operation.
Best Roku Options
Now we will list the options you have to add Internet streaming to your TV. Hope you will find the information given below very useful.
- Do you complain about your TV not having the cool features? What about adding a Roku streaming stick or Roku box to your TV. (Your TV should have an HDMI connection for this option to work.)
- Some of you may have the older TVs that used analog video/audio connections. They can also use Roku.
- Smart TVs are seen almost everywhere now. But if you want more from your Smart TV, just add a Roku streaming stick or Roku box to expand your selection.
- You can also add a Roku Box to your 4K Ultra HD TV, in case you want to expand your selection. Make sure that the Roku Box you use is compatible with 4K streaming.
- We recommend you a Roku TV, in case you want a 4k Ultra HD Smart TV.
Now you know the best and the most affordable way to add Internet streaming to your TV viewing and music listening experience.
Roku Streaming TV & Media Player https://www.roku.com/
Roku provides the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV. On your terms. With more channels than any other streaming player. Please visit the official Roku website for more information.