Don’t know how to sign in to Windows Live Messenger? Please read the complete step by step guide to know more about login procedure.
Windows Live Messenger Sign Up
If you already have an account with Windows Live, then you can easily sign in to the Messenger. But if you don’t have, you must sign up to create a new account. In this part, we will show you How to Sign Up for Windows Live Messenger quickly with step by step guide.
- First of all, type Windows Live website address and open the homepage
- Now go to “Sign Up” page by clicking the sign-up button.
- Enter the required information in the given fields
- In the first text field “Windows Live ID” enter your favorite screen name. This ID is actually your username required for sign in.
- The second field is for the password. Enter a new password. It is required when you sign in to Windows Live Messenger
- And in the next fields, provide your personal information such as your first name, last name, country, state, date of birth and gender etc.
- Finally, click “I Accept” to complete the Windows Live Messenger sign up procedure.
Once, you have created your account with Windows Live, you can easily sign in to Windows Live Messenger. Just follow these simple steps to login to the messenger.
Steps for Windows Live Messenger Login
To sign in to Windows Live Messenger, provide the required information. for complete information, just read these simple steps.
- The sign in process is very simple. In the first step, enter your Windows Live ID and password.
- You can also select your availability status before signing in. Following are the two pre-sign in options you can choose before signing in to Windows Live Messenger.
- “Available” is the default option as shown in the screenshot. You can select “Available, Busy, Away or Offline” from the drop-down.
- Another option you can choose before signing in is “Remember Me” Select remember me check box if you want the device to save your Windows Live ID. But it is not recommended to use this option on public computers because of security of your Windows Live account.
- The next pre-sign in option is “Remember My Password”. Just live ID, you can select this option if you want the computer to remember your password. Do not use this option if you are using your school, library or your friend’s computer.
- The last option you can see on the sign in windows is “Automatic Sign in” Select this option if you want Windows Live Messenger will automatically start when you open the IM client. But be careful on public computers and do not use this option.
- Finally, click sign in button to login to Windows Live Messenger.
Congratulations, you have finished the process. Now you can sign in to Windows Live Messenger to start IM with other Windows Live Messenger or Yahoo Messenger.